(Updated January 1, 2018)
Visionworks of America, Inc. ('Visionworks') is committed to respecting the
privacy rights and concerns of all users of this website (the 'Site') (we refer to the Site and the
services made available through the Site collectively as the 'Site Features'). As such, we have
information about visitors to the Site. The Site is intended to provide information and a number of
different services to assist you in evaluating and shopping for various products sold by
- Information We Collect
Visionworks does not collect personal information unless you voluntarily provide it to us. We do, however, collect certain types of information and ask for personal information in certain circumstances, such as when you set up a User Account, use the Frame Finder's service, request custom alerts and notifications regarding particular products and product categories, indicate your favorite products, and search for products on the Site. The following sections describe the type of information we collect and how we collect it.
- Information You Give Us; Information You Authorize Us to Access On Your Behalf.
All users may visit the public areas of the Site without disclosing any personal information about themselves.However, in order to use certain Site Features, you may be asked for, or you may choose to provide, certain personally identifiable information ('PII'), such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number and similar information. We will not collect PII from you while you use the Site Features unless you voluntarily provide it to us or authorize us to collect such information. When you complete a registration form to create a User Account, we require you to provide us with relevant PII. If you choose to make purchases on this Site utilizing insurance coverage information that Visionworks is able to access, you grant Visionworks permission to contact such insurance provider, to verify your insurance coverage information, and to obtain authorization from your insurer regarding purchases made through this Site. Please be advised that any insurance coverage information is utilized only for a particular online purchase using this Site, and is deleted/erased when you close your browser for that transaction.
We do not respond to web browser “do not track” signals at this time. We await the result of work by the policy community and industry to determine when such a response is appropriate and what form it should take. We do allow you to exercise choice regarding the collection of information by third parties about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services for online interest based advertising purposes by going to http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
- Log Information.
Our servers automatically track certain information about you as you use our Site. This information may include the URL that you just came from, which URL you go to next, what browser you are using, and your IP address. Our site logs do generate certain kinds of non-identifying site usage data, such as the number of hits and visits to our Site. This information is used for internal purposes by technical support staff to provide better services to the public and may also be provided to others, but the statistics contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information.
- Favorites and Custom Alerts.
You may choose to submit information pertaining to your areas of interest, including the designation of certain categories of content as 'favorites' or the like. Similarly, you may choose to sign-up for customized alerts and notifications pertaining to certain products or product categories featured on the Site. This information is used to personalize the Site Features and tailor the Site to your particular preferences.
- User Content.
You may choose to submit content to the Site (hereinafter, 'User Content'), including personal photographs for use in connection with the Frame Finder' service. This User Content will be used to facilitate delivery of the Site Features.
- Usage Activity.
When you use the Site Features we may track your usage history, including search history and the particular content you viewed. This usage history will be used for your convenience, so that you can easily access past searches and content of interest.
- Information You Give Us; Information You Authorize Us to Access On Your Behalf.
- Sharing of Information
We may use personal information that you provide to us to personalize your profile information, maintain, customize and add new resources and services, and allow communication and interaction between you and Visionworks, and between Visionworks and its operating personnel. In addition, we will share the personal information we collect from you under the following circumstances:
- Direct Communication.
We may send emails or regular mail to you in connection with your transaction or business relationship with us. If you sign up on our online registration page, we may send email to you concerning special offers, promotions, and eye exam and contact lens replenishment reminders consistent with any email preferences selected by you on the registration page. You may also provide your address information for inclusion on our email or regular mail lists in person at one of our stores. Visionworks or one of Visionworks' affiliated service providers may contact you by phone, email, or regular mail in connection with the provision of goods or services to you or in response to an inquiry from you. If you do not wish to receive special offers or promotional mailings, you may be removed from our email or regular mail lists through the use of any of the 'Control of Your Information & Opt-Out Methods' listed below.
- Reputable Marketers.
Some of the information we collect may be shared with other reputable marketers to bring you offers of interest, and, if personally identifiable information is collected in connection with a joint promotion, it may be provided to that joint promoter for marketing and research purposes. If you prefer that we do not share your name and address with other reputable marketers, you may contact us using the 'Control of Your Information & Opt-Out Methods' listed below and request that your name be marked as 'do not share."
- Protection of Rights.
- Asset Transfers.
If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of Visionworks' assets, user information, including personal information collected from you through your use of the Site Features, could be included in the transferred assets. Visitors to the Site will be notified via a prominent notice on the Site for thirty (30) days prior to a change of ownership or control of user information held by us.
- Service Providers.
- Direct Communication.
- Control Of Your Information & Opt-Out Methods When you use one or more of our services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your PII and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup drives), or for which access is not otherwise required. Before we provide access to any data, including PII, or make any changes to it we will ask you to verify your identity or provide other details before we are able to provide you with any information, correct any inaccuracies, or delete any information. We may keep a copy of information for our records. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Your right to review, update, correct, and delete your PII may be limited, subject to the law of your jurisdiction of residence: (i) if your requests are abusive or unreasonably excessive, (ii) where the rights or safety of another person or persons would be encroached upon, or (iii) if the information or material you request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between you and us, or providing access to you would prejudice negotiations between us or an investigation of possible unlawful activity. Your right to review, update, correct and delete your information is also subject to our records retention policies and applicable law, including any statutory retention requirements. You may request us to correct, update
or delete any of the information we have collected from you by sending an email to us at
WebMaster@visionworks.com and we will attempt to fulfill your request. You may also request to be removed from any of our
email lists by clicking on an unsubscribe link where provided on our emails and following the
related instructions. Should you have any questions or concerns regarding personal information or
privacy-related issues, please contact us by sending an email to WebMaster@visionworks.com.
YOUR RIGHTS AS A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. We do not share your personally identifiable data with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you provide us with consent to do so.
- Security The personal information that you provide to us is stored on servers, which are located in secured facilities with restricted access, and protected by protocols and procedures designed to ensure the security of such information. In addition, we restrict access to personal information to Visionworks employees, independent contractors and agents who need to know this information in order to develop, operate and maintain the Site Features. All Visionworks personnel who have access to this information are trained in the maintenance and security of such information. However, no server, computer or communications network or system, or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or through the use of any of the Site Features and you acknowledge and agree that you provide such information and engage in such transmissions at your own risk. Once we receive a transmission from you, we will endeavor to maintain its security on our systems.
- Minor's Privacy The Site is not targeted towards, nor intended for use by, anyone under the age of 18. We do not market our products or services to children (although we do market some of our products and services for children to their parents), and we do not knowingly permit persons under the age of 18 to register or provide personally identifiable information on the Site. The provision of personally identifiable information by children on the Site is strictly prohibited. We encourage parents to supervise and participate in their children's Internet activities, and we urge children to exercise caution and consult their parents before providing any personally identifiable information on the Internet.
HIPAA Privacy Notice(Updated August 27, 2013)
Click here to download the HIPAA Privacy Notice pdf.
This notice describes how Medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can get access to this information.
Protecting Competitively Sensitive Information PolicyClick Here to view Protecting Competitively Sensitive Information Policy pdf.
Note: To view the PDF documents, you will need Acrobat Reader from Adobe. Download Acrobat Read now.