Contact Lens Care
Contact lens care and storage
- Always wash and dry your hands before handling contact lenses
- Store lenses in the proper lens storage case and replace the case at a minimum of every three months
- Use only products recommended by your optometrist to clean and disinfect your lenses
- Only fresh solution should be used to clean and store contact lenses. Never reuse old solution
- Always follow the recommended contact lens replacement schedule prescribed by your eye doctor
- Remove contact lenses before swimming
Other Helpful Hints
- Wear UV-protected sunglasses while in the sun
- If you wear make-up, insert your contact lenses before applying make-up
- Always keep a pair of eye glasses with your current prescription handy
- Use re-wetting drops to lubricate your lenses for enhanced comfort in dry conditions
- Remember, each time you remove your contact lenses they should be cleaned and disinfected according to the directions for use
About Contact Lens Solutions
- There are many contact lens solutions to choose from, and your eye doctor will recommend which lens and lens solution combination is best for you. Not every solution works well with every brand of contact lens.
- Don't switch brands without consulting your eye care professional first.
- OPTI-FREE® Pure Moist® contact lens solution cleans disinfects and reconditions all soft lenses, including silicone hydrogels.
Nothing on this web site is intended, nor should it be construed, as professional advice. Those reviewing the information should consult with a qualified professional.